Thursday, September 22, 2011

Question about broken water pump stud on an 03 Toyota Sienna?

Hi,



I was changing my timing belt and I ran into a snag. I changed the water pump and when putting it back on I was tightening one of the NUTS. (There were a couple of bolts and 2 nuts that went on studs)



When I tightened one of the small nuts on a stud sticking out, I guess I did it too hard and it broke off flush on the outside of the water pump.



Can I fix this stud some how? Is it a common part? Does it simply unscrew where I can put in a new %26quot;stud rod%26quot; or am I in a bad jam? Do I have to have both nuts (that are close together) or could I get by with just 1 of them?



Thanks. I'm really scratching my head on this one.Question about broken water pump stud on an 03 Toyota Sienna?wow... im not saying you dont know what ur doing but... yeah. a exp mechanic should have an extractor set. Snap On sells a broken stud extractor set. it has a drill bit and a reverse extractor to grab the stud broken off. and yes you need to get it out. pressure is gonna build up and its gonna leak if you dont fix it. then go to ur local toyota dealer and get the stud. theyll have a diagram to point out which stud it is.Question about broken water pump stud on an 03 Toyota Sienna?You can ask a shop to suggest a %26quot;bolt doctor%26quot;.They are mechanics with special equipment and experience who make house calls.If you got yourself into this mess do you have the ability to get yourself out?There is a saying %26quot;it takes one mechanic to fall into the well but twelve mechanics to rescue him.
  • make a video smaller
  • ram interrogate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment