Thursday, September 22, 2011

Replace Water Pump on a 96 Dodge Stratus 2.4L?

Just bought a 96 Dodge Stratus with the 2.4L 4 Cyl. Motor. Only Significant problem is that the water pump leaks and needs to be replaced. I am a fairly skilled mechanic but don't know much about Dodge motors. If anyone knows of a good site to get a free manual on how to change the water pump, or can give a detailed description on how to do it I would be very greatful... Thanks.Replace Water Pump on a 96 Dodge Stratus 2.4L?I would recommend a Chilton Manual. You can use a Haynes Manual, but the a inferior book. I prefer the Chilton. It has the best reference for what you need.Replace Water Pump on a 96 Dodge Stratus 2.4L?you have 2 choices go to your local library and check out a manual or wait till Tuesday and i can send you one when i get back to my shop just let me know : )Replace Water Pump on a 96 Dodge Stratus 2.4L?There isnt any online manuals that are free unfortunately. I believe the water pump is driven by the timing chain. As long as you can figure out your timing marks then the hard part is just getting to it. The Stratus is difficult to work on because the engine compartment is very tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment