Thursday, September 22, 2011

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic with a 4.3 liter engine I'd like to replace the water pump on the truck?

where would I be able to find information on how to change out a water pump for that specific type of vehicle and year, as well I had got a stain on the body from road work it seems to be cement how could I take spots out without damaging the body's paint? What are my options thanks...I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic with a 4.3 liter engine I'd like to replace the water pump on the truck?this is not that big a deal, this engine is 3/4 ths of a chevy sbc 305, which is basically the same as small block chevys from 1955 forward-the good thing is that this can be done quite easily in the car, just remember this engine has a serp belt, so take note of where the belts go and how the pulleys are aligned with all the accessories. DO NOT break the seal on the a/c unit, just take off the compressor and set it to the side, same with the power steering and alt. Once you get through the pulley system, just remove 4 bolts on the front of the pump, remove it, you have already drained the coolant, and keep it, either reuse it or dispose of properly, remove the pump, and clean off the old gaskets from the front of the engine block. Take the old pump with you, get one that is the exact same as the one you took off-do not allow the old pump to be taken by the parts store, buy an all new unit, not a rebuilt, and keep your old one until the new one is installed and functions properly-I know, I am probably overly protective, but many times I have brought home what appeared to be the correct pump, and it did not work, then I did not have my old one to look at to see exactly what i needed...good luck, as far as the paint, well, use a solvent to soften whatever is stuck to the paint, if it in fact is concrete, not cement as that is the powder that concrete is made from, then try a little vinegar, it is slightly acidic, will dissolve the concrete, and the spot can be removed gently, hopefully without chipping the pain-here is the good news, concrete does not chemically bond with paint, so you should have no problem...good luck, be careful.I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic with a 4.3 liter engine I'd like to replace the water pump on the truck?listen to old guy i use oven cleaner for some grim dont leave on for long period and rince with water and soft cloth after.

Report Abuse

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic with a 4.3 liter engine I'd like to replace the water pump on the truck?Go to your local auto parts store and pick up a Haynes Repair Manual. Very detailed, and only about $20.I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic with a 4.3 liter engine I'd like to replace the water pump on the truck?why would you like to replace the water pump? seems to me the factory warranty of 3 years 36,000 miles might apply unless you're over on mileage. if you can email me, i will get you the procedure.
  • how to fall in love with
  • cable tv to computer monitor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment