Thursday, September 22, 2011

Changing a water pump on a corsa b 1.2?

I'm buying a corsa b 1.2 on friday, but the water pump in it needs replacing. It will cost me 30 to get the pump but how do i replace it? I don't want to go to a garage because they charge loads. how do i do it myself? Also, with the timing belt, do i have to replace it if i remove it?

thanks!Changing a water pump on a corsa b 1.2?I don't know this particular car (have an Astra F 97 diesel myself).



My advice is to buy a service book for this particular car from a bookstoor that specialize in automobile service books. It should tell you how to do it.



There's better forums for this kind of question at other internet sites (dedicated car sites, and dedicated for certain brands, etc.)



You also will need access to a lot of tools, and coolant for refilling. And proper tools are 80% of the job. The gasket normally comes

with the pump.



I guess most cars are designed in such a way that you don't have to touch the timing belt. And if you have to, I don't know for this car.



In any case a service book should answer that as well.
  • howtofalloutoflovewithsomeone
  • server
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment