Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Changing water pump on 2.4L Sunfire?

My car needs a new water pump, obviously.



How long of a job do you think I'm getting myself into? I don't want to take it to a garage unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. My boyfriend and I both have very good knowledge on vehicles, and I am pretty certain the 2 of us can do it ourselves.



It's a 2.4L, and from what I've read the pump is much harder to change in this than a 2.2L. How long do you think it will take, assuming we have all of the correct tools?Changing water pump on 2.4L Sunfire?that's the quad four engine. i've seen mechanics have difficulty replacing them. you have to take down the timing chain to change the water pump. i would strongly reccomend that you take it to a pro. Its not a job for just anyone with some auto knowledge. And you're looking at paying 700- 800 dollars at a shop. people don't realize this when they buy a quad 4 engine. they're gr8 until you have to fix them.Changing water pump on 2.4L Sunfire?Ok tools is not the problem on this one. I ihgly reccommend taking this one to a shop. I know Master Technicians that hate doing this job. If I'm not mistaken that one is ran by the timing chain. That is one of the HARDEST water pumps that we have ever ran into. I know the time is off but I'm wanting to say that one was a 8-9 hr. job as far as tech time. Which means most anyone that isn't familar with that will probaly double. Besides you're playing with the chain and that is no joke. A lot of shops will even turn down that one. It's the 2.4 Quad. One of the worth designs for engine repair GM ever came up with. Good Luck! and be careful!Changing water pump on 2.4L Sunfire?Here you go! Everything you need to know, PLUS PICTURES:)





http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repairG

No comments:

Post a Comment