Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I get the tentioner back in place after changing my water pump?

I have a 91 saturn 5 speed. I changed the water pump but now I can't get the tentioner thing to go back in place in order to turn the serpentine belt. Is there a secret to this? Any input will be greatly apprieciated.How do I get the tentioner back in place after changing my water pump?I hope you replaced the belt and the tensioner also.



At that age, they probably should have been changed long ago. If the belt breaks, it could ruin the engine (depends on engine type).How do I get the tentioner back in place after changing my water pump?there is a nubb on the back of the tensioner that fits into a hole on your engine that lines it right up. good luckHow do I get the tentioner back in place after changing my water pump?Its a spring loaded tensioner if you turned it to take the belt off and it didn't spring back the other way its bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment