Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do you replace a water pump in a 1995 Toyota Camry?

My Camry is overheating and I am assuming it is the water pump. I already changed the thermostat and that was no help. When I turn the heater on to cool off the engine, it blows cold air or the temp of the air outside most of the time and seldomly hot air. I bought a water pump, but I am not sure if this is something I can do?How do you replace a water pump in a 1995 Toyota Camry?Got to give you credit Crystal for even thinking of tackling this. You already did the thermostat, good for you! It can be a difficult to replace the pump. You have to remove belts and unless the new pump has a pulley on it you will have to take the pully off the old pump. You ought to get a Haynes or Clymer repair manual for the Camry and follow it step by step. If you are going to go through with it. BUT.... it might not be the waterpump. Whenever a modern car overheats the 1st thing you want to rule out is a blown head gasket. Camry's are not known for blowing head gaskets though. It could be several other things. Like for instance the fan not turning on. You must put a diagnosis to the problem before you start replacing things. I found a Camry Forum for you. Ask some question? Ask how to know if the head gasket is blown? Also search the question/answers for a problem like yours. The waterpump might be tough to change. http://www.camryforums.com/m_4566/tm.htm Good Luck.How do you replace a water pump in a 1995 Toyota Camry?I don't know how YOU do it, but as for ME, I hire a mechanic.How do you replace a water pump in a 1995 Toyota Camry?Step 1: Find a manHow do you replace a water pump in a 1995 Toyota Camry?get it fixed at a mechanic shop and make sure ur getting a deal ; professional work is done by pros and you get what u pay for less time and less worry and less mistakes that can cost money by guessing buying wrong parts and gaskets

No comments:

Post a Comment