Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm trying to change my water pump on an 88 honda crx b16a engine how do i do it?

its kinda ghetto rigged and i'm getting it up to speedI'm trying to change my water pump on an 88 honda crx b16a engine how do i do it?Ok. that engine does not belong in the car so most of the shop manual isn't going to tell you how to do it.



You need shop manual that covers B16A - Civic SI engine. Is different because it uses duel cam. For this engine, the water pump is driven by the timing belt. So the timing belt must be take out. The most painful part of the process is to take the crankshaft pulley bolt out. You are going to need a honda special tool or one heck of powerful impact wrench.



The duel cam timing belt alignment point is difficult to see. You should use some type of cam locking device. I would least get the snap on sing pin cam locking tool ($15 - 20 each) and get Y shaped cam holder if you want to replace the oil seals.I'm trying to change my water pump on an 88 honda crx b16a engine how do i do it?buy a haynes manualI'm trying to change my water pump on an 88 honda crx b16a engine how do i do it?you need to take the timing cover off take the timing belt off and then take the water pump offI'm trying to change my water pump on an 88 honda crx b16a engine how do i do it?You'll have to loosen the crank nut, take the pulley off and the timing belt off. There will likely be a cover over the belt and pulleys, just unbolt that. Your water pump will be in there. Replace the pump with the new one, along with a new timing belt. Make sure to set the valve timing correctly. I'd advice a Haynes or Chilton manual, if not a better shop manual.

You will either need a powerful impact wrench, or some way to hold the crank stationary, and a big huge breaker bar to loosen the crank nut. They are said to be a pain in the rear, although I haven't changed my timing belt yet.I'm trying to change my water pump on an 88 honda crx b16a engine how do i do it?Dinnit that come w/ a D engine? If so you may have to take the engine out to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment