Monday, October 24, 2011

I have a water leak in my truck?

i have a 1998 gmc 1500 2 wheel drive 350 and there is a water leak and i have changed the water pump but it seems to be coming from the motor the front top of the motor what could this be and how can i tell ? it seems to be coming from under the air conditioner what could this be and will it be priceyI have a water leak in my truck?Sounds like where the heater hoses connect at the firewall. If the heater hoses are are old and deformed at the connections,replace them. It is cheap. It could just be loose hose clamps too.I have a water leak in my truck?I going to throw this out there simply because I don't know how much you know about automobiles, but a/c systems condensate and drip as you operate the vehicle and is more noticeable when you park/idle and it accumulates. This is natural and not a problem.

If it's something more drastic than this, I apologize for taking your time.I have a water leak in my truck?Most likely it's coming from one of the hoses, fittings, couplings, connections that are associated with the cooling system.

I can't see it from here, so I can't be more exact.I have a water leak in my truck?It's not unusual for that truck to get a warped intake manifold and it will leak on the top part of the engine.I have a water leak in my truck?Hi

If its difficult to start then it will be the head gasket and yes its priceyI have a water leak in my truck?its prob just coming from one of the hoses. do you have to constantly add water to it? if not, then the drip you see is simply from your ac unit.I have a water leak in my truck?Coolant can leak from a number of places: intake manifold (if it is the %26quot;wet type%26quot;), head gasket, thermostat housing, hoses, freeze plugs, or heater core. Your best bet is to have the cooling system pressure tested so that the coolant will be squeezed out from where it it leaking and you can go about fixing it from there.I have a water leak in my truck?If it only leaks when you run the air conditioning and it looks like water rather than colored antifreeze, then it could be just the normal A/C condensate water draining down. If your engine coolant reservoir keeps going low, then you need to find the coolant leak by careful inspection (see your auto technician).I have a water leak in my truck?it might be a freeze plug. if i were you i would pull the AC compressor away from the engine but leave the hoses hooked up and check. maybe a heater hose is leaking on top of the intake and running downI have a water leak in my truck?I would suggest you look at the hoses and the water jacket washers (round recess washer about 25mm diameter).Check the water pump again for a leak between the pump and engine block,sometimes the gasket can leak after replacement and requires re tightening.Its good to also check the %26quot;thermo couple%26quot; by placing it in hot water to see if it opens, its not expensive to buy a clone one.I have a water leak in my truck?I chase after unseen leaks with a paper towel, pressing it into places (cool engine, of course) and looking for traces of wetness.



Not to jinx you, but your 1998 GMC may be a victim of Dex-cool. GM made Dex-cool (orange) coolant universal in their vehicles in 1996, about the same time they changed intake manifold gaskets to plastic. The two turned out to be incompatible and the coolant caused enough intake manifold gasket failures to cause GM to settle a class action lawsuit about it. Unfortunately the claim period has expired. I use Prestone Long Life instead of Dex-cool for my daughter's 2004 Classic now that it is out of warranty.I have a water leak in my truck?Sounds like a freeze plug to me. You've got 2 on the top front of the motor. They are almost directly across from where the water pump bolts to the block. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment