Monday, October 24, 2011

How do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?

I have a car that we changed the water pump and alternator/air conditioning belt on. Now when I crank it it goes thump thump thump like its going to stop running at first. If I give it gas it sounds fine except the belt starts squeaking. After a few seconds it acts fine. It only does this when its first cranked and if its been itting for more than about 10 minutes since it was last cranked. When the water pump was changed it was very hard to get to. We had to take off the air filter, timing belt, Airconditoner belt. Im really sure the timing is right cause it drives really good. I was just wondering what could be causing this and how to fix it. Also how do I get the belt to quit squeaking? Thanks for your answers.How do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?other than adjusting the belt ,which i would start there,you can also use a bar of soap and rub it on the belt for temporary relief of noise.How do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?Tighten the belt

Replace the belt

Spray the belt with WD40How do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?Re-adjust the tension of the belt.How do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?Not sure the belt is the problem; you could try tightening up the pump, or spray a product you can get at an auto parts store called %26quot;belt dressing%26quot; that will help it.How do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?check the belt tensionerHow do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?I would check the belt for fluid in the %26quot;tread%26quot;. Like; oil, antifreeze, power steering fluid, etc. Usually a belt squeals when it's gotten wet with some sort of lubricant.How do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?A very simple way you can try is that try to spray water over the belt ...most of the times it works..Pls check the whether the belt are too tight..if so adjust it.Because if the belt is too tight it may affect the water pump bearing also.



nataraj

bahrainHow do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?i will need to readjust the beltHow do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?First: Lets assume that your problem is a squeaking belt.

One easy way to find out is to go to auto parts store and get a can of spray %26quot;Belt Dressing%26quot; about a 3.00 item

With your motor running spray alll the belts you can see.

Wear some protective eye wear when you do this.

If it is just the belt (being new) the squeaking should stop.

If that is not the problem, you may have your belts too tight and some adjustment is needed. Lets hope the spray works out for you. (oh by the way, the spray is good for lawn mower belts as well).How do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?Put a little brake fluid on it. I bet it's a Mitsubishi. Enjoy.How do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?Change or adjust the fan belt.How do I stop the squeaking of a belt on my car?A belt that has gotten antifreeze or water on will be noisy. With new belts, they will stretch and not pull and the sqeaking is due to slipage. New belts need to be retightened after two weeks and sometimes done two or three times before they settle in. If your car has an automatic tensionor (spring loaded) the spring may have lost its power, or broke, or the belt could be too long. The squeaking right at start-up is the altenator requiring the extra *unph* to put back into the battery what you took out on startup.

Is the thump, thump, thump at startup the engine turning over that hard? Did you double check your timing marks before and after your work? Have the timing checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment